What is this WW2 German tank part???

Discussion in 'WW2 Militaria' started by mollusc, Jul 2, 2019.

  1. mollusc

    mollusc Member

    IMG_20190702_173936551.jpg IMG_20190629_173617308.jpg IMG_20190702_173928663.jpg Hi chaps,
    Picked this up at Tankfest on Friday, was told it was a Panzer IV wheel cover. I didn't think it was, thought it was a Tiger or Panther underside maintenance hole cover so I bought it. Got home and see they had 5 bolts not 6, so I don't know what it is off of. Was told its WW2 and from Normandy.
    It measures 275mm diameter, 230mm bolt hole centre to centre, and about 30mm thick. So pretty beefy and not Brit or US given the metric dimensions. Can anyone identify it please?
    Many thanks!
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. Dave55

    Dave55 Atlanta, USA Patron

  3. mollusc

    mollusc Member

    Similar, but mine has no lubrication nipple in the centre. All the wheel caps I've looked at have nipples... hence I reckon it's a fixed maintenance hole cover.
    Thanks for your reply.

Share This Page