1/76 Sherman Engine Change in Italy 1943

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Neilie, Oct 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Neilie

    Neilie Member

    I just finished a little vignette of an engine change taking place in Italy in 1943 on a Sherman V of the 14th Armd Regt and a Scammell SV2S of the Tank Brigade Workshop RCEME of the 1st Canadian Armoured Brigade. It was inspired by a photo in Steve Guthrie's book "Camouflage and Markings of Canadian Military Vehicles" and features the Milicast Scammell SV2S built OOB, a Matchbox Firefly backdated to a Sherman V and a scratch-built Chrysler M57 Multibank engine. Figures were mainly Preiser German tank crew suitably altered, and Dan Taylor figures with an Airfix driver. David Clark and Dan Taylor assisted with MGs for the tank and tools and P/E lightguards respectively and David was also helpful with photos of various conversions of the Sherman. My thanks to these gents plus others who contributed in some way.

    Cheers,

    Neil
     

    Attached Files:

    mark abbott, Owen, 4jonboy and 5 others like this.
  2. Smudger Jnr

    Smudger Jnr Our Man in Berlin

    Neil,
    Your Diorama looks great.
    I am just building up a 1/6 scale M4A3 from a Dragon kit and having fun scratch building some fighting compartment items.
    Regards
    Tom
     
  3. Smudger Jnr

    Smudger Jnr Our Man in Berlin

    Neil,
    sorry For the hijack, I meant to start a new thread but something went wrong
    A few photos taken of my M4A3 with my pad so quality is not the best.
    Tonight I have just finished the instrument panel but needs another finishing coat of Olive Drab.
    Next is finishing off the gearbox and front transmission box, then making front seats and steering / driving controls.
    20160820_120902.jpg 20160905_190301.jpg 20160905_190437.jpg 20160913_191658.jpg 20160913_191938.jpg 20160905_190437.jpg 20160913_191658.jpg 20160913_191938.jpg 20161001_112140.jpg 20161001_111921.jpg 20161016_133312.jpg 20161016_133545.jpg 20161016_134556.jpg
    Regards
    Tom
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  4. Neilie

    Neilie Member

    Thanks Tom.....and your work in 1/6 is looking just fantastic. I did do a bit of the turret interior as the hatch is open but in reality, you can't see much anyway. I look forward to seeing more progress on your project.

    Cheers,

    Neil
     
  5. Smudger Jnr

    Smudger Jnr Our Man in Berlin

    After seriously injuring a finger last Easter, my modelling plus a lot of other work took a nose dive.
    My finger nerves are still trying to connect properly but at least I still have a finger that functions.
    So now enjoying getting slowly back into the swing.
    I have re upholstered the turret drop down seats with real thin leather offcuts courtesy of a local hobby shop.
    The radio is plasticard with a radio front from an old Greyhound armoured car by Pallitoy.and a base from plasticard pieces. Lots of bits from anything I could improvise. Part of the gearbox is a garden hose end and the body 3" diameter plastic drainpipe.
    Regards
    Tom
     
  6. CL1

    CL1 116th LAA and 92nd (Loyals) LAA,Royal Artillery Patron

    Neil thank you for posting
    Excellent work

    Regards
    Clive
     

Share This Page