Service records

Discussion in 'Service Records' started by Matt F, Jul 31, 2019.

  1. Matt F

    Matt F New Member

    Is there an online way to request British WW2 service records similar to the Australian Archives, My Old man and I want to get his dads ww2 records, But i am a little wary of posting a check or money order off, The wait for them is not a big problem, All i really have at the moment is his medals and his service number which is stamped in the side of one of the medals

  2. Owen

    Owen -- --- -.. MOD

    No, you have to do it by post.
    Nothing wrong with sending a cheque.
  3. Charley Fortnum

    Charley Fortnum Dreaming of Red Eagles

    What is this chek-cue you speak of?

    (I haven't written one in over a decade).

    You're correct though. With a named recipient it is a safer method that any online card payment.
  4. bofors

    bofors Senior Member

  5. Tricky Dicky

    Tricky Dicky Don'tre member

    WW2 records are only available via the MOD as Robert has linked above, there are web sites that appear to offer this service but in reality its just the name they use and dont provide the service you are after

  6. travers1940

    travers1940 Well-Known Member

    Assume you can send a bankers order or foreign draft issued in Aus, but in sterling & drawn on/through a Uk bank. Last time I used one in Uk If lost in the post/not received they can be stopped & reissued.
  7. Tony56

    Tony56 Member Patron

    From the website:
    "You can pay by cheque or postal order - or by banker’s draft or international money order if you’re overseas."

Share This Page