Help identifying Corps/ Regiment from old photo

Discussion in 'Searching for Someone & Military Genealogy' started by Dale Patterson, Oct 7, 2018.

  1. Dale Patterson

    Dale Patterson New Member

    Good morning,
    My dad was sorting some old photo's and found this one (see attached). Neither of know who the person is in the photo. I believe the uniform is WW2 noting the Field Service Cap, but I cannot identify the cap badge. There is a rectangular shaped flash on the left sleeve but detail is hard to see.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Attached Files:

  2. idler

    idler GeneralList

    Royal Engineers would be the first thought.
    No good ideas on the flash yet.
    Tricky Dicky likes this.
  3. Dale Patterson

    Dale Patterson New Member

    Thanks. I was a little uncertain
  4. Rich Payne

    Rich Payne Rivet Counter Patron 1940 Obsessive

    It looks like R.E. to me.

    RE FS Cap (3).JPG
    Tricky Dicky likes this.
  5. AB64

    AB64 Senior Member

    First thought on the patch is British Troops in Northern Ireland District - a gate on green backing, but it is a guess - it does look like it has a light edge that doesn't tie in.

    Tricky Dicky and Rich Payne like this.
  6. minden1759

    minden1759 Senior Member

    Definitely RE and before 1953 because it is the King's rather than the Queen's crown.


Share This Page