A Second World War Base Camp located in parkland, North East of Toft Hall. Grid: 53°17'10.01"N 2°22'0.67"W It consisted of 20 huts in a guard's compound and 58 huts in the prisoner's compound enclosed by a double perimeter fence with watch towers. It held a maximum capacity of 1500 men and is known to have held both German and Italian prisoners (though not at the same time). Italians were held at this camp, first. By the end of the war, and after, it was a camp for German PoWs. It also served as a transit camp for the American forces who kept their prisoners here before they were deported to the United States. It is referenced as being in use between 1942 and 1948.