• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bala

Bala

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Captain Edmundson served with Auxiliary Units until November 1943 and then moved on to join S.O.E. After short spell with Station XII and then having parachute training etc he was posted on 10 Dec 1944 to Delhi.

He was s.o.s Force 136 on 18 November 1945 being posted to S Div SACSEA

What did he do with Force 136?

Also what was S Div SACSEA and when did he return to the UK?

#2 Jedburgh22

Jedburgh22

Very Senior Member

• Registered Users
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi
while at Station XII he was involved in engineering testing when he left SOE he was posted to the SOASEA - School of Army Ordnance South East Asia. As he was an RE Officer with a background in Fertalizers I imagine that his career was concerned with explosives.

Attached Files

I help the old to remember and the young to understand. (Gervasse Cowell)

#3 Bala

Bala

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hi
while at Station XII he was involved in engineering testing when he left SOE he was posted to the SOASEA - School of Army Ordnance South East Asia. As he was an RE Officer with a background in Fertalizers I imagine that his career was concerned with explosives.

Thanks for your speedy response

I know prewar Capt Edmundson from 1935 he worked for a Fertalizer Co and joined the Devon & Cornwall (Fortress) Engineers TA at Plymouth and was playing with explosives in 1940 then carried on while with AUX Units.

What you say makes sense but a document I have read says S Div SACSEA - is S Div the same as SOESEA

I was about to incert a pic of the text but it asked for a URL reference which has thrown me as I could not use 'Browse'

Thanks for your help

Edited by Bala, 26 May 2012 - 06:32 PM.
word missed out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users