• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Pringle

Nick Pringle

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Here is some short interviews with a few WWII veterans that I added to the site over the winter

Bill Evans - D-Day
The Unknown Warriors, a WWII non fiction history book in paperback and ebook for kindle etc format.

'Cranwell Boy' Battle of Britain
The Unknown Warriors, a WWII non fiction history book in paperback and ebook for kindle etc format.

John Lockyer, Dunkirk rearguard and POW for 5 years

Alec Alexander, HMS Sheffield Arctic Convoys, Med & off Sword beach, D-Day

I have just posted the links, but no doubt when I press send the links will change to some metatag description of the page, which might say something about the book of WWII veterans memories and their opinions on the UK now. So keep your hair on, I'm not 'advertising', but if you want to read it then fair enough.:rolleyes:
www.theunknownwarriors.co.uk
www.twitter.com/ww2book

"If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack."
WINSTON CHURCHILL

#2 wowtank

wowtank

Very Senior Member

• Registered Users
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

I think sometimes Google will do you £50 free advertising if you spend £250?

You might do better selling your book doing it that way.

Not that I am not enjoying listing to the stuff I am just saying.

Speaking as a qualified sound engineer you should have recorded them on some better kit.

Them recordings are of historical importance!

Edited by wowtank, 08 March 2012 - 08:36 PM.

"We did our training with the old Colt machine gun, which had a big brass tripod. They fired about two rounds every bloody hour!"

Jack Edwards.

#3 dbf

dbf

Captionless

• Registered Users
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Nick, seriously -

Don't you think you should just keep everything about your book and your site in one thread and ease off a bit here? You're looking like a spammer with every thread somehow coming back to the same familiar topic. :mellow:

#4 Gage

Gage

• Super Moderators
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

Nick, seriously -

Don't you think you should just keep everything about your book and your site in one thread and ease off a bit here? You're looking like a spammer with every thread somehow coming back to the same familiar topic. :mellow:

Agree. Beginning to push your wares too much.

'There I stood at the bar, wearing a Mae West, no jacket, and beginning to leak blood from my torn boot. None of the golfers took any notice of me - after all, I wasn't a member!' Kenneth Lee - after being shot down on the 18th August 1940.

Andree Borrel (Denise) SOE

♫ Now wicked tongues can speak and rewrite history But you can't keep the truth contained And like the song was sung Realize we're one and we're here to stay 

#5 RosyRedd

RosyRedd

• Registered Users
  • 754 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the links to the audios. Enjoyed the John Lockyer one. :)

#6 Nick Pringle

Nick Pringle

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Agree. Beginning to push your wares too much.

I have posted 4 audio interviews with WWII veterans as I thought people interested in WWII might be interested them. Rather than listen to them and perhaps give an opinion on what they had to say, surprise surprsie you all start whinging about the fact they are on a website about a book.

I nearly didnt bother with posting them as I suspected a few of you might have a problem.

If someone else posted this I wouldn't care less if they were on someones website about a book they had completed. I really can't be bothered with the sour grapes, this is the last post on this forum.
www.twitter.com/ww2book

"If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack."
WINSTON CHURCHILL

#7 Nick Pringle

Nick Pringle

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

"Well done. I am sure most of the boys and girls feel a feeling of gratitude to you, as I do Nick for your hard work and understanding to take on such a task. God bless you my friend."
Bill Evans, D-Day Gold Beach veteran - Contributor to the book
www.twitter.com/ww2book

WINSTON CHURCHILL

#8 Nick Pringle

Nick Pringle

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

"Your book needed to be compiled. I hope it will be read by a wider audience. I will give it to my mobile library."
Joan Hull, Wren - Torpedo technician - Contributor to the book
www.twitter.com/ww2book

WINSTON CHURCHILL

#9 Paul Reed

Paul Reed

Ubique

• Super Moderators
  • 6,560 posts
  • LocationUK/France

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

You said it was your last post....

"The only way you get out of infantry is on a stretcher or six feet under..."

Battlefields of WW2
: The Guide to visiting WW2 Battlefields.

www.ww2battlefields.com

#10 Nick Pringle

Nick Pringle

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Nick, seriously -

So did you listen to the 4 interviews of WWII veterans, two of which are no longer alive. No thought not, too busy whinging and lecturing.
www.twitter.com/ww2book

WINSTON CHURCHILL

#11 dbf

dbf

Captionless

• Registered Users
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

So did you listen to the 4 interviews of WWII veterans, two of which are no longer alive. No thought not, too busy whinging and lecturing.

I suggested you keep to one thread, no problem with your site content or the the veterans, just the way you spread it all over the place and the way you complain about members when you get feedback about your tactics. In fact Nick way back when on this forum, I and others backed you up. It's not me who's whinging, your posts speak for themselves. http://www.ww2talk.c...ly-sun-not.html

I've done enough in my own way, as do others here, to recognise the part that veterans played; in fact my father is a veteran, still with us, even if most of his mates aren't. So I don't accept your comment above at all.

#12 sebfrench76

sebfrench76

• Registered Users
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Well said Diane.
Just a frog 2 pences: i cannot stand the use of veterans to try to proove that the present way of living has no respect for the olders.I don't think that.The youngest generations,thanks to internet,are much more easilier aware of the history than before.
Plus: i'm sure that a lot of veterans fought for our liberty,what ever aspect it could have.Sure that the today civilization is lacking of a lot of "fondamentals".But ,imo,we're still far from the cave age.

#13 Nick Pringle

Nick Pringle

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

I suggested you keep to one thread, no problem with your site content or the the veterans, just the way you spread it all over the place and the way you complain about members when you get feedback about your tactics. In fact Nick way back when on this forum, I and others backed you up. It's not me who's whinging, your posts speak for themselves. http://www.ww2talk.c...ly-sun-not.html

I've done enough in my own way, as do others here, to recognise the part that veterans played; in fact my father is a veteran, still with us, even if most of his mates aren't. So I don't accept your comment above at all.

I have posted over an hours FREE content of WWII veterans talking about their experiences, you clearly didn't listen to a second of it, to busy typing orders and complaints.

I have posted 58 times, and havent posted in months, I found my password and in last couple of days have posted threads -

Did Hitler survive the war? (based on recent newspaper articles I'd read)

The Real War Horse - a few comments about the Channel 4 docu and put a link to 4oD so others could enjoy it.

WWIII veterans memories - It took me hours to upload and I thought a few people might be interested in listening

Has a WWII book changed your outlook. - A post about something I read in Whickers War

and yes a thread about the fact you can now buy The Unknown Warriors on Kindle. I thought some people with Kindles might be interested in a cheap book and also its £10 cheaper than the printed version. There is a recession on.

As for Paul Reed, I meant last thread not last post and i'll no longer start threads, but reply to ones I'm interested in.

Edited by Nick Pringle, 10 March 2012 - 09:50 PM.

www.twitter.com/ww2book

WINSTON CHURCHILL

#14 Drew5233

Drew5233

Very Senior Member

• Registered Users
  • 25,003 posts
  • LocationLeeds, West Yorkshire

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Who was John Lockyer and George Hillman serving with at Dunkirk?

#15 wowtank

wowtank

Very Senior Member

• Registered Users
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

and yes a thread about the fact you can now buy The Unknown Warriors on Kindle. I thought some people with Kindles might be interested in a cheap book and also its £10 cheaper than the printed version. There is a recession on.

Yep and people with books they are trying to sell are paying for adverts. Or they could buy your book from Amazon second hand and you would get nothing.

If you had class IMOP you would post answers to people posts that where helpful and knowledgeable with you book link in you signature. Thats is how it is done or you ask the very good admins that we have here if i can get some free advert post 'cos I need them.

Why did you make forum an account? How do you loose a password 'cos you can get one back?
"We did our training with the old Colt machine gun, which had a big brass tripod. They fired about two rounds every bloody hour!"

Jack Edwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users