• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Arlo

Arlo

'Nulli Secundus'

• Registered Users
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

Finally! Treyarch at last announced that Call of Duty 7, which will be called Black Ops, will be released late this year.

This time Black Ops will be based during the Cold War and from watching and rewatching this teaser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVNAomrd2dE) there will be missions during Vietnam (Check 0:18 or 0:19 and you will briefly see a UH-1)

Also, I think we'll get an aircraft mission in-game, one part in the trailer shows a two seater aircraft cockpit.

Anyway, can't wait.

-Arlo

#2 Gerard

Gerard

Seelow/Prora

• Registered Users
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

I like Call of Duty games (although still prefer BF2) so I shall await this with interest!

"The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."
- General Heinz Guderian

"There's no "i" in team, but there's four in Platitude Quoting Idiot" 

#3 marcus69x

marcus69x

I love WW2 meah!!!

• Registered Users
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:59 AM

I've always liked COD too, although when I used to play it on the PS2, there was never an option to turn that bloody music off, which kinda put me off it in a way.

(although still prefer BF2)

On the PC? I've been hammering that lately. Attacking the MEC air base on Gulf of Oman. :lol:, quality!!!

#4 Drew5233

Drew5233

Very Senior Member

• Registered Users
  • 25,154 posts
  • LocationLeeds, West Yorkshire

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:03 AM

Don't let the Huey fool you...They are still used today, even my the British AAC ;)

I still haven't finsied the last one-Only played it a couple of times on my PS3 and gave up as I spend all my time on here now :lol:

#5 Arlo

Arlo

'Nulli Secundus'

• Registered Users
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

Yet, Vietnam! :D

#6 Rexy

Rexy

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

I'd say it rolls through the cold war era, my reason because I wanna be a history stickler, the AUG wasn't a full production weapon until after Vietnam.

#7 Arlo

Arlo

'Nulli Secundus'

• Registered Users
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

It'll probably be awesome, just hope it has a lot of more length than MW, as that game was epic, but too darn short. Can't wait to go back to covert ops with the S.A.S, if Treyarch includes it...

#8 Arlo

Arlo

'Nulli Secundus'

• Registered Users
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

YouTube - Call of Duty: Black Ops - World Premiere Uncut Trailer

Another one, and that SR-71 is kick-a**.

Edited by Arlo, 20 May 2010 - 10:04 AM.

#9 Bradlad

Bradlad

• Registered Users
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:52 AM

I have all the COD games, been a fan since they came out but I have recently found the Battlefield games, Battlefield 2 Bad Company is excellent, then there is Operation Flashpoint; Dragon rising, another game that tries to push realism.
Biggest governmental scandal of WW2? no campaign medal for Bomber Command, it's a genuine outrage.

#10 Hitchlock

Hitchlock

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

88's opening a barrage from one quadrant at the same time as several Spandaus doing like wise from another all using live ammunition designed to blow as many real soldiers as possible into bloody fragments ???REAL. Mouse clicking war-gamers risking low scores ???? PATHETIC

#11 idler

idler

GeneralList

• Registered Users
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Leet pwnage!

#12 Tommygunner1309

Tommygunner1309

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

Has anyone tried Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway.? What do you think?

#13 chick42-46

chick42-46

• Registered Users
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

Hi Tommygunner1309

I've played Hells Highway (on PC) and quite enjoyed it. I don't think it's the best of the Brothers in Arms series (too much story and not enough game play - and you don't get to jump, like you do in MoH Airborne) but not too bad. I find the squad control system to be really easy to use and the AI of your squad is pretty good. The AI of the enemy is some of the best I've come across - the germans really do react to your tactics, which means you can replay the game many times.

I believe a new BoA is due soon - set in the Ardennes in December '44. I can't wait.

Cheers

#14 Bradlad

Bradlad

• Registered Users
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:54 AM

88's opening a barrage from one quadrant at the same time as several Spandaus doing like wise from another all using live ammunition designed to blow as many real soldiers as possible into bloody fragments ???REAL. Mouse clicking war-gamers risking low scores ???? PATHETIC

It's a game... it doesn't even try to be the real thing it just tries to make the game play more interesting.

I think you have seriously missed a point here, are you saying that instead of games everyone should be out shooting eachother?

The games don't make light of combat and ' war ' they are just a distraction, people have this idea in their heads of gamers being spotty teens sat in a darkened room munching crisps, I'm 39, married with kids and have a great social life so should I not enjoy a bit of ' fun '? I have an Xbox360, PS3 and a wii so enjoy a broad spectrum of games, it just happens that I enjoy shooters more than other genres.

Try playing, I regularly play online with some friends in a closed game, all of us are ex military and all of us ( apart from me.. ) are over 40 and it is great fun, to hear a very experienced RSM shout " you chicken s**t b******!! you sniped me! " is hilarious, along with the banter in game it makes for a fun evening with a bottle of decent wine ( or the beverage of your choice ) and friends you can't actually be with..
Biggest governmental scandal of WW2? no campaign medal for Bomber Command, it's a genuine outrage.

#15 marcus69x

marcus69x

I love WW2 meah!!!

• Registered Users
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

Well said Bradlad.

#16 Tommygunner1309

Tommygunner1309

• Registered Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

Hi Tommygunner1309

I've played Hells Highway (on PC) and quite enjoyed it. I don't think it's the best of the Brothers in Arms series (too much story and not enough game play - and you don't get to jump, like you do in MoH Airborne) but not too bad. I find the squad control system to be really easy to use and the AI of your squad is pretty good. The AI of the enemy is some of the best I've come across - the germans really do react to your tactics, which means you can replay the game many times.

I believe a new BoA is due soon - set in the Ardennes in December '44. I can't wait.

Cheers

Thanks for the tip. I will defo keep my eyes open for that one. I have all the Call of Duty, and they are good, but must admit that I enjoyed BIA more. Regards Tom
:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users