9 replies to this topic

#1 Ranger6

Ranger6

Liar

• Registered Users
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

Found this recently.....

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats, and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940, when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to a "Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588 when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots raised their threat level from "Angry" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide". The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability. It's not only the French who are on a heightened level of alert: Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans also increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose".

The Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual, and the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have downward facing glass windows with elaborate lighting so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

The Americans meanwhile, and as usual, are carrying out preemptive strikes on all of their allies 'just in case'.

New Zealand has also raised its security levels - from "baaa" to "BAAAA". Due to continuing defense cutbacks (the air force being a squadron of spotty teenagers flying paper airplanes and the navy some toy boats in the Prime Minister's bath), New Zealand only has one more level of escalation, which is "I hope Australia will come and rescue us".

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be al'right, mate". Three more escalation levels remain: "Crikey!', "I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend" and "The barbie is cancelled". So far no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.
The Above person has presented themselves as a US combat veteran, on here and on other websites.
To our knowledge they are nothing of the kind. Even the photos are stolen from another - WW2T

#2 Owen

Owen

• Super Moderators
  • 18,964 posts
  • LocationUnder the stairs

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

Wasn't there one called Black Bikini....oh no Bikini Black wasn't it?
Always made my mind wander that one.

#3 wtid45

wtid45

Very Senior Member

• Registered Users
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

:lol: and what are the Welsh doing then:huh:
BORN BRITISH, WELSH BY THE GRACE OF GEOGRAPHY!

#4 Drew5233

Drew5233

Very Senior Member

• Registered Users
  • 25,392 posts
  • LocationLeeds, West Yorkshire

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

There was/is two. One for Bombs (Bikini) and another for mortar attacks who's name escapes me at this time.

#5 Oldman

Oldman

Very Senior Member

• Registered Users
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

Ranger
Got your hearing aid in? we blew the bugle last time and you missed it so lets try Bikini Black & Bikini Amber but I believe that the powers that be have changed them or are changing them just to confuse the rest of us.

"Let us cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees"

#6 marcus69x

marcus69x

I love WW2 meah!!!

• Registered Users
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

:lol:, Seen that before. I think the first paragraph about the Brits is sooo British. lol.

#7 Steve G

Steve G

• Registered Users
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

Bit about the Scots rather makes me giggle. Bless 'em! :lol:

#8 urqh

urqh

• Registered Users
  • 725 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

Missed bikin black alfa...There were numerous associated addons. We tended to ignore em until the siren went off and we all legged it to the station armoury where obviously some bright spark had designated it the place to be in mortal danger....Sort of like everyone over here...stand and act like a target...
My experience apart from Germany was that they were usually ignored by us all apart from the guardroom staff who used to get their rocks off when they placed new board over writitng in front of guardroom...No hooter no action....get me another coffee I'm off to the tv room.

Welsh had bikini zulu ...men of harlech apparantly....thats where they all line up and sing songs. If in real danger....Bikini black zulu was declared and welshmen know viet taff are about to burn down the holiday cottages, and all welsh troops are deployed accordingly...with ox carts and pith hats.

You missed the Irish, they had their own board type warnings....Mostly green...
Ahhh get orveryerself....black....was equivilant to all is well
Its gonna kick orf Kelly...white....was equivlant to take extra precautions at work and in car.
Jeeezzz...blue....equivilant to the proddies are at it.
Jeeeezz green...eqivilant to the catholics are at it.
Jeeeeezzzzz bugger...equivilant to the Brits are at it.
Ahhhrrrrr carm yerself down now....red....equivilant to oh bugger leg it....

#9 Gerard

Gerard

Seelow/Prora

• Registered Users
  • 4,790 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:12 AM

:D Nice one Ranger!!!

"The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."
- General Heinz Guderian

"There's no "i" in team, but there's four in Platitude Quoting Idiot" 

#10 phylo_roadking

phylo_roadking

Very Senior Member

• Registered Users
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:31 PM

and what are the Welsh doing then

Probably the same as the New Zealanders....but they kiss the sheep first! :D
A great soldier once said -
“What? Oh, nonsense, Benton. I tell you that's a beach out there. It's probably Norfolk or somewhere like that… See that nobody wanders in. We can't have the place overrun with holiday makers. I'll nip out, find a phone and tell the authorities exactly where we are. I'm fairly sure that's Cromer. Back in a jiff.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users