• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bdmalta

bdmalta

• Registered Users
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hit a dead end searching for a document? I did, and learned a lot about the NA catalogue in finding it. I've posted tips in a blog at http://uxbmalta.blogspot.com. Hope they're useful.

#2 ADM199

ADM199

• Registered Users
  • 930 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

I think you will find several Posts on the Forum regarding various groups of Files at Kew, including War Diaries.

#3 Eagar

Eagar

• Registered Users
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

Where exactly do I find these tips

Thank you

#4 idler

idler

GeneralList

• Registered Users
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Have a look at some of the stickies in the Research Material sub-forum, the 2nd, 4th and 7th specifically.

#5 SaveEveryStep

SaveEveryStep

SaveEveryStep

• Registered Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hi there. I'm new to the forum. I'm attempting to write a book about my incredible Uncle Joe 'Mac' Thompson's WWII time with Bomber Command. He was with the Gold Coast 218 Squadron from 1944 onwards and I have all his letters from joining up at 18 years old, to his tragic death after the war from cancer at just 22.
I would dearly love to trace the families of his pals. I have all their names, but that's about it. Can anyone help point me in the right direction please?
Many thanks

Helen

Joe's letters are currently being serialised in my Blog at “Writing Home, WWII” letters series | SaveEveryStep – family stories past & present

Attached Files

#6 idler

idler

GeneralList

• Registered Users
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

Helen,

There is a 218 Sqn Association - I imagine it would be worth contacting them as a first step.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users